We like to consider ourselves professional amateurs and massive advocates for long-term adventure travel. We realise this a term that gets thrown around a lot in the blogging world, so what adventures have we done that we really love?
- Explored Hang Son Doong (the world’s largest cave) on a 6 day expedition.
- Rode more than 15’000km on two motorbikes around Southeast Asia.
- Sailed on a small catamaran in the Caribbean for two months, where we scared off pirates with our air rifles (true story) and went through the ‘perfect storm’ more than 150 nautical miles out to sea.
- Horse trekked to visit the Tsaatan reindeer herders in Northern Mongolia.
- Survived the “World’s Most Dangerous Hike” on Mount Huashan, China.
- We are both qualified rescue divers with wreck and nitrox certifications.
- Hitchhiked in more than 10 different countries.
- Independent trekking is one of our biggest passions.
- Crossed overland from Shangri La to Chengdu through the Tibetan Kham province, camping in the snow along the way.
- Had our inflatable kayak circled by sharks off the coast of Australia.
- The next day we went scuba diving with said sharks.
- Drove a van from one end of Canada to the other…And back, without paying for accommodation once.
- Explored Hang Son Doong, the largest cave in the world, on a six day expedition.
- Caught chicken buses with gun-wielding gang members in El Salvador.
- Survived a head on bus crash in Myanmar.
- Jazza got a sacred tattoo by a bamboo-tapping monk in Thailand.
- Spent three years snowboarding the backcountry in some of Canada’s most extreme winter terrain.
To be honest, we can’t actually remember most of our crazy adventures as this has just become our normal life.
If you would like to have a read of some of our more popular posts, click on the images below!