Join The Team!
NOMADasaurus is expanding!
Ever wanted to be a travel writer? Well read on, because we want to feature you!
We are looking for people to contribute exciting and original guest posts on our website. This can be on a whole range of topics, from personal travel tales, inspirational posts, destination guides and travel tips. Really the only limit is your imagination!
In addition to this we are now currently accepting applications for writers who want to join our team on a long-term and professional level.
Being a professional travel writer is a dream job for many, and we are extremely grateful for the opportunities this career has given us.
Every day we receive emails from people asking for advice on how to become a travel writer or travel blogger, or wanting to write for NOMADasaurus.
Now we’re answering your calls!
Write For NOMADasaurus
We are looking for new and talented writers to be a part of our growing family.
Over the years we’ve featured a whole range of guest writers from all different backgrounds. Some are bloggers, some are friends, and some are new to writing and just have a wonderful story to tell.
As NOMADasaurus grows larger and more popular every day we are expanding and welcoming contributions from many new sources. Whether you are interested in sharing a cool travel adventure, want to tell us more about where you are from or want to start getting paid to be a travel writer, we want to hear from you!
Have a story you would love to tell? Want to write about your hometown or a favourite destination you’ve been to? Have some great travel tips and advice? Taken some great photos of a particular place We would love to publish them! If you want to see your travel experiences or personal stories opened up to the world drop us a line!
This is also the first step in joining the NOMADasaurus Team. Once you’ve been featured on our website a few times we can discuss the next two levels of being part of our family.
- You must have excellent English skills.
- All photos you submit must be your own, or be sourced using a Creative Commons license.
- Must be original content (not published anywhere else on the internet).
Hotel / Activity Reviewer
If you have written for us before and established a great working relationship, we can discuss you representing NOMADasaurus for some hotel and activity reviews!
Did you know that a lot of the amazing hotels we stay in and tours we go on are sponsored? This is one of the perks of being a travel blogger (but not the main reason to become one, trust us).
As our blog grows we often have companies getting in touch, wanting us to write about them. However as we travel 365 days a year we can’t work with everyone or be everywhere. This is where you come in!
If you are travelling somewhere you can receive a free stay or activity in exchange for writing about it on our website! You will be able to use the already established NOMADasaurus brand to gain incredible experiences around the world.
All opportunities will be discussed with us first and will be set up through our official channels.
Note – We only offer this level for people who have written for us before and have a proven track record.
- Must have a solid relationship with Jarryd and Alesha from NOMADasaurus. Try writing a few guests posts for us first if you don’t know us personally.
- Must be willing to commit to writing a review or story about your experience within 2 weeks of completion.
- Try and capture some great photos during your time.
- Knowledge of how to post articles in WordPress, or willingness to learn, is a big bonus.
- Most of all, have fun doing it!
Professional Travel Writer
Want to get paid to be a travel writer? This is where writing for NOMADasaurus can lead you to!
We are commissioning stories to be written on our website, such as in-depth destination guides and city accommodation guides. These are paid opportunities, with writing rates based on your experience, size of articles, topic, etc.
We also have a number of publications that commission stories through our team of writers. Once you have proven yourself by writing on our website we can hire you as a freelance writer on the NOMADasaurus writing team.
Besides writing for us we also offer coaching in writing and how to get featured on major websites. Jarryd is an award-winning writer and regularly contributes to some of the largest media outlets in the world, such as CNN, BBC, News.com.au and more!
If you would like to join the NOMADasaurus Team as a professional writer get in touch with us.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to meet deadlines.
- Create all original content.
- High attention to detail and ability to research topics in-depth.
- Send through examples of your writing.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), formatting and editing highly regarded.
- Have an established relationship working with us as a guest author to begin with. We are not in a position to pay new, inexperienced authors unless they are proven experts in their field.
- Please note that to begin with our budget is not huge – We are still just a fun travel blog at the end of the day, not a massive multi-national publication. This is not something you can quit your job for and start living on a tropical island. But it can help you to grow your portfolio and put a little bit of extra cash in your pocket as you go.
Think you’re ready to join the team? Awesome! We can’t wait to hear from you. Drop us an email at hello(at)nomadasaurus.com or use the contact form below and we’ll be in touch. Happy travels, new writers!